Wednesday, October 22, 2008

WOW!

The response to last Sunday's tithing challenge has been amazing (we have over 200 people who have taken the challenge!), and God is already doing some cool things.

I received an email this week that I think is amazing that I wanted to share with you. It's a story of faith in a God who promises that with Him everything is possible.

If you have not taken the tithing challenge because you thought it would be impossible, then read this!


Dear Pastor Greg,

My name is ----, I have been in limbo for almost 2 years now. I have seen my way of life change dramatically. I have been humbled and know that I could not have survived if not by the grace of God. I have been struggling financially in ways that I never thought I would ever know. I have recently felt my life slipping away from me, and knew it was the work of Satan, trying to make me feel that I was just not good enough for the Kingdom of God. I was hurt, lonely, depressed and felt unaccepted. I had not been able to get to church on a regular basis. Fuel prices were my excuse, I was running out of gas on a weekly basis, and was conserving, not to go anywhere but home and work. Bad excuse huh. But it was the truth. I was eating where I could eat, and had to do the unavoidable by asking for help from friends, family and Aid Centers. I was not wasting my money. There just was not enough of it to make my bills.

I woke up one Sunday and told Satan he was not going to steal another minute from my life. I got dressed and drove to church on fumes. I came in and felt the world was lifted off of me...

So, this brings me to why I am writing you. I have always strongly believed in tithing and when I was faithful, my finances were usually not too much of a problem, just bad stewardship. I have just found myself in such bad financial shape that I did not see how I could possibly tithe.

I do believe with all my heart and soul that God is in control of my life, and your message has hit home in such a powerful way that I am committed to taking the challenge. I believe in his word and know it is true that he only wants us to succeed in life to the fullest.

Thank you for being a Pastor that is not intimidated to preach his powerful word. I will be tithing and believing that God has a plan for my life that is greater than anything I could have ever imagined. If you would, please pray this for me too.

No comments: