Sunday, November 18, 2007

sunday recap

Had 4 great services today. Attendance was a little lighter at 9:45am. All the others were about normal. Somehow I think Clemson playing last night caused some people to sleep in today.
Speaking of Clemson, it was a heartbreaking loss, but hopefully they can right the ship by next weekend for the South Carolina game.

During the services today, I mentioned that I had a problem with flying squirrels getting in my attic. But I took care of the problem by trapping them and then killing them. I think the animal lovers got mad, but hey sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do! For the record, I killed 27 last year!

The DNA of God series is definitely one of my favorites. I think we may do a Part 2 next year! Today we talked about Jesus being our Redeemer. It caused me to have a new admiration for the work that Christ did for us on the cross.

Last Thursday afternoon we went to pick up our daughter from Ridgecrest NC, where she was at a Youth With A Mission Conference. It was so cold in the mountains. Believe it or not there were snow flurries.

I am looking forward to Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for!

No comments: