Tuesday, August 21, 2012

sunday review

It was so much fun being back at Foothills Community Church this past Sunday. I had not spoken in 4 Sundays, so to say I was raring to go would be an understatement.

* I keep hearing wonderful feedback on the messages that were done in my absence. Thanks to Michael Robison, Brian Rhodes and Justin Terry.

* This Sunday I spoke from Psalm 1, which is one of my favorite Psalms, on The Secret To Success. I have learned that everyone wants to be successful, but few know the real meaning of success. You can watch it here.

* I love my church and all that God is doing here. I am looking forward to our next message series which begins this Sunday, called "Be The Church". It is going to be a series on the book of Acts. There is so much we can learn about what it means to be the church from the 1st church. It is going to be great. Make sure to come and bring a bunch of people with you. I have found that once school gets back in and people start to get to a more regular schedule they are very open to attending church.... so INVITE!

* I am very excited about our new Campus Expansion Plan. If you have not heard, we are currently seeking God's direction for possible new campus sites throughout SC, GA, and NC. Check out this video for more details:

Foothills Community Church Campus Expansion Video from Foothills Community Church on Vimeo.


* I am also excited about some new technology that we are planning to implement that will improve our multi-site strategy. I won't go into detail, but it will significantly enhance our campus experience!

*  I got a chance to hang around some great Pastor friends today from Marathon Community Church. I have known some of these guys for almost 15 years, and they have always been huge supporters of Foothills Community Church.

* It is less than one month until archery season. That makes me happy!

* I am praying for all the faculty and students as they begin a new school year today.

* In case you have not heard, FCC is about to begin a new small group for young adults 18-25yrs. old Tons of response already. For more info stop by the link at the back of the Concourse on Sunday.

* If you have not gone through our Get In The Game Class, you can do it THIS Sunday at both campuses. If you like what you see at FCC and want to take your next step, this is it.