Monday, May 21, 2012

sunday review

It was another great day at Foothills Community Church yesterday. I really love the people that I get do life and ministry with.

* I thought David Odom and the band knocked it out of the park yesterday. I know I've said it 1,000 times, but wow, we are blessed to have the worship team that we do at FCC!

* We kicked off the Urban Legends message series, with the #1 church urban legend out there, "God helps those who help themselves."

* Although there is a measure of truth to that statement, overall the Bible teaches just the opposite. God helps those who CAN'T help themselves.

* This series has a similar feel to the Questions Uncensored series (which I love).

* Memorial Day weekend is coming up. It's hard to believe that summer is here.

* We are really gearing up for SonSports. Make sure you bring your kids/grandkids. There are some huge things planned. Parents, don't miss this opportunity for your kids to encounter Christ through sports, art and crafts, music and skits.

* Our next Baptism Party is coming on June 10th at Biggerstaff Retreat Center. You will be hearing a lot more details about it starting next Sunday.

* I usually avoid going to Walmart, but my wife asked me to stop by yesterday afternoon for a couple of grocery items, so I did. I must have seen 50 people that I knew in 20 minutes. It was like a Foothills Community Church reunion!

* My softball team won the FCC softball league. Not bragging, just stating the facts :-)

* I am really excited about this. Supposed to be out in July.

* Was really hoping to begin a hybrid program of P90X and Insanity, but it's currently on hold because I ordered the Insanity DVD's from Craig's List, and it appears that I have been ripped-off. So until my dispute is settled I will stick exclusively with my P90X.

* I loved this message by James McDonald about consumerism in the church.