Wednesday, May 30, 2012

random thoughts

Since it's already Wednesday, I thought I would just share some random thoughts, so bear with me because they're extremely random.

* This past Sunday at Foothills Community Church was awesome. I pretty much did nothing. Brian Rhodes preached for me and did an amazing job!

* Worship was led by Kevin Robison who is our Toccoa campus worship Pastor. David Odom was out of town spending time with family, but we never missed a beat. Kevin did incredible job.

* What a blessing it is that God has provided so many gifted people at FCC. And I'm not just talking about our staff. We have so many incredibly gifted volunteers as well!

* I got so sunburned last weekend. I'm starting to peel. I hate peeling.

* Don't forget that June 10th will be our next baptism party at Lake Keowee. There are no parties like FCC parties! If you would like to be baptized sign-up today!

* Speaking of baptism, I loved having Justin Terry, our youth Pastor, out front in the dunk tank. So thankful for his willingness to take one for the team.

* You won't believe what we've got planned out for our Father's Day on June 17th. Trust me, if you are a guy, you NEED to be at FCC. We are going to be giving away some UNBELIEVABLE prizes! You will hear more about this on Sunday.

* I went for my one year check-up since having my stents put in. My cardiologist said I am doing fantastic! You can read more about that here.

* I just heard that Foothills Community Church had the 3rd most baptisms of all Southern Baptist churches in the State of South Carolina for 2011! (There are around 2,000 SBC churches in SC) That is a result of the folks at FCC that continue to help others Find and Follow Jesus!

* Son Sports begins next Monday afternoon. This is going to be HUGE! Invite every kid you see. They will have the time of their life!

* Went to watch my middle grand daughter's awards/graduation from kindergarten. I can't believe how time flies.

* Summer is here. Have you considered using our online giving option? This will help you to stay consistent in your giving throughout the summer.

* I officially got ripped-off by someone on Craig's List. Not happy about that.