Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Sunday Review

A little late getting to this, but it was a great Sunday at Foothills Community Church. In case you missed it, here are a few things that caught my attention.

 * I am really enjoying the Kings series. It is always so amazing that there is so much we have in common with people that lived thousands of years ago.

 * We talked about the "IT" Factor. If you've ever wondered what God looks for, it's our heart condition. What made King David special was that he was a man after God's own heart.

 * This Sunday we will look at a king that I guarantee every single person will be able to relate to.

 * David Odom and his team nailed the worship set. They just keep getting better and better.

* I love what is going on at our Toccoa campus! I am so proud of Pastor Brian and Pastor Kevin and all of the amazing volunteers. 

* I am always excited to hear great stories. I received a note this week from someone who has been out of work for three years. They had made a vow to God that when He provided a job for them, they would give the entire first paycheck back to Him. The note was attached to their check fulfilling that commitment to the Lord---- WOW!

 * We will be having our Parent/Child dedications on Mother's Day (May 13th) during both services. If you are a parent of a child/baby, and would like to dedicate them to the Lord publicly, you can sign-up this weekend.

* I had a blast leading our Get In The Game on Sunday. I love leading that class. If you have not gone through it, make sure to do it in our next class in June.

* I ordered the Insanity DVD's. I am planning on working some of that in with my P90X. If you are looking for a fantastic exercise/nutrition program I would highly recommend the P90X program. I have had a lot of people ask me about my fitness regiment, so I'll probably do an entire blog post related to that.

* I am so thankful for the staff of Foothills Community Church! * Really hoping for the weather to warm up soon.