Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Back in town







I'm back at the office after being gone for the past week. My week has been a whirlwind. It began last Monday as my wife and I headed to California for a Leadership meeting. It was the first time I had been to California, and the first time I had seen the Pacific ocean. Being from Florida, I still favor the Atlantic, but it was still beautiful.



My leadership meeting was incredible. There was a group of approx. 25 Pastors from all over the country. I picked up so much valuable information. It was nice having Liz with me too.



After the meeting was over, we decided to take a few extra days of vacation for our 28th anniversary. We drove to Las Vegas and walked the Strip. I'm not sure how many miles we walked, but it was a bunch. It was also my first time in Vegas. The best way I can describe it is "interesting". We did a lot of people watching, and let me tell you, there are some strange people in Vegas!


We then drove to the Grand Canyon, which was awesome. I have seen many pictures of it, but none of them came close to being there in person. Breathtaking scenery. God's creative genius is on display everywhere. It was 27 degrees in the morning, but quickly warmed up to the mid 60's. The skies were the bluest skies I have ever seen. There was still some snow on some of the mountainsides.







After the Grand canyon we headed back to Vegas. We attended the Saturday evening service at Central Christian Church, and then got to tour the facility with my friend Tracey Smith, who is their Small Groups Pastor. That was a great experience.

All in all we had a wonderful time. I am grateful to the great staff we have at Foothills Community Church. They do an amazing job. I can go out of town and not worry about a thing.

Don't forget, Easter is this weekend. I'll share more about our services in my next blog post.

No comments: