Thursday, January 19, 2012

A fan or a follower?

This Sunday I will be sharing a message called Fan or Follower? I am super-excited about it for a few reasons.

First, I am excited about this message because it will be challenging. Actually challenging could be an understatement. This could possibly be the most intense message about real discipleship that I've ever shared!

Secondly, I am excited because I think it is timely. I think churches all across America are seeing a trend in people hopping from one church to another, looking for their next "spiritual buzz". Commitment and loyalty to Christ and the local church are foreign concepts to some people.

Finally, I am excited because I think this message will be helpful. I know that for me personally, just preparing this message has been helpful in bringing me back on center, and I'm hoping it will be the same for many other people.

I believe that we are going to see major spiritual breakthrough, so make sure you do not miss this Sunday!


I am praying that 2012 will be a year for incredible spiritual growth for the people of Foothills Community Church!

Here are 2 more very important things to remember.

1) This Sunday I will be leading our Get In The Game Class. This is your next step if you have been visiting Foothills and you like what you see, and you want to know more. At the end of the class you will have the opportunity to become a member at Foothills. You will also have a chance to meet our staff, and we will feed you a free lunch and provide child care. The class begins at 12:30pm and finishes at 2:00pm. Trust me, this will be a great investment of your time.

2) On February 19th we will begin a new campus group called, Follow-up. It will start at 6:00pm and last for about an hour. The format of this group will change from week-to-week, but basically I will take the message from Sunday morning and go into greater detail. This will have a more interactive, unplugged feel. Most likely we will have some acoustic worship time and then jump into the Bible, and then will wrap up with prayer. Here's what you will need to bring: Your Bible, a pen/pencil, paper or journal for notes. This group is designed for those who want to go deeper. By the way, you don't have to be a Bible scholar to attend, so if you are a new believer, you will enjoy this as well as the more seasoned Christian. There will be childcare thru 5th grade.

No comments: