Thursday, January 26, 2012

Discipleship

Fan or Follower? from Foothills Community Church on Vimeo.




This past Sunday I spoke about what it meant to be a true follower of Jesus. (If you missed it, here's the video).

I am so pumped about the spiritual hunger of the people of Foothills Community Church!
In 2012 we are offering many ways for people to take their next step in their spiritual journey.
A couple of the things that I will be personally involved with are a new campus group I will be leading called, Follow-Up. This will be a continuation of Sunday morning's message. The format will be interactive, as we dig deeper into the scripture. Follow-Up begins on February 19th at 6:00pm in the Venue auditorium. It is open to everyone, and childcare will be available.

The other thing that I'll be doing is taking a group of people through an intensive discipleship process. On Sunday I issued a challenge for anyone that was willing to make a huge commitment of their time to growing spiritually. The format essentially would be monthly meeting with me (and the group), plus a commitment to do a series of daily activities, and lots of homework. The duration would be 1 year!
When I issued the challenge, I had no idea if anyone would be willing to be a part of that. To my surprise nearly 60 people said they were interested! Wow, that is incredible! I have no idea how many will actually complete it, but we'll see.

No comments: