Monday, May 23, 2011

Sunday review

We had another incredible day at Foothills Community Church. God was at work throughout the entire morning.

* I am honored to serve as the Lead Pastor of this great church. Over the last week, I have been overwhelmed by the number of people who have been praying for me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

* It was great to be back on the softball field yesterday. I plan to be back on the basketball court on Wednesday morning!

* Yesterday was Commitment Sunday for our Project Reach initiatives. I do not know the total amount pledged yet, but whatever was pledged will be use to help the least, last and lost of the world!

* I spoke about Commitment, and although those type of messages tend to step om a lot of toes, there was a great response.

* Project Reach is already in full swing. We had a group of people serving the Food Pantry this weekend and another group just got back from Haiti. We have scheduled a trip in Early July to send teams to Harlan County Kentucky to serve people there. We are already actively engaged with Launch Network to help start 1,000 churches in the next 10 years.

* I am so excited about what's going on at our Toccoa campus. They baptized 10 people yesterday, and have another 13 people already signed-up for their next baptism!

* We will be starting a new message series this Sunday called, No Guts, No Glory. I cannot wait!

* Our next baptism for our Seneca campus is scheduled for June 12th at Biggerstaff Retreat Center. We will have food, games, water activities on beautiful Lake Keowee, and of course, baptism. We will start at 4:30 pm and end.... whenever!

* Don't forget about Son Sports, (which is Foothills version of Vacation Bible School) It begins on June 6th.

No comments: