Tuesday, May 03, 2011

a quick review

It's been busy for the last week, so I am updating a little slow.
I am really fired-up about what God is doing at Foothills Community Church right now!

* I was in Dallas last week for a couple of days meeting with a group of Pastors of large churches from around the Country. We get together every 6 months to hang out. It is truly a rich time for me. Over the last year and a half these guys have become some of my best friends in ministry!

* The organization that put the group together is Leadership Network. If you are a Pastor, you need to do what you can to be a part of one of their communities.

* This past Sunday was another great one at Foothills. It's always interesting to me how quickly attendance can drop off after Easter! For those who came, it was awesome!

* We are in a series called, Project Reach. Project Reach is a strategic way for us to reach around the world to help the least, the last and the lost with the gospel.

* We will be catering 4 informational Project Reach Dinners (3 in Seneca and 1 in Toccoa) The first dinner is this Thursday and is completely full!. There are a few tickets still available for the other dates: May 12,and 19th in Seneca, and May 15th in Toccoa.

* A lot of people have asked me about my feeling regarding the death of Osama Bin Laden. I read this blog that probably explains how I feel the best.

* You do not want to miss this Sunday at Foothills Community Church. If you have ever needed a miracle, you need to be there!

* It is Mother's Day, so we have a couple of cool things planned for Moms. I know there are many couples that are unable to have children, so Mother's day is a bit painful for them, but this should not prevent us from honoring our mothers, and celebrating with them.

* I love the fact that for the last 3 weeks we have had people saved at both of our campuses. Lost people are being found, and lives are being changed!

* We are sending disaster relief funds to tornado victims in the South. My friend, David Anderson and his church are making a huge difference in Alabama and we are joining them. Thanks for your faithfulness to give because it makes this kind of thing possible.

No comments: