Thursday, January 27, 2011

New message series begins this Sunday!



About a year ago I felt God leading me to do a series on the book of Colossians, so I outlined the book into possible message topics. I then sat down with our creative team and laid some things out and put it on the calendar. No sooner had I gone back to my office when I decided to go a different direction and do another series instead. A couple of months later the same thing happened. But for some reason God kept bringing back to my heart, Colossians. So finally in 2011 I think this is God's timing for us to dig into this great book. I am so excited about our new series that begins on January 30th called, Colossians-- Know It-Live It

We are going to systematically work our way through this powerful book of the Bible. I am really not positive how long this is going to take. I have an idea, but we'll see. I am hoping that everyone will read through the book of Colossians several times over the next couple of months (It's only 4 chapters), to familiarize yourselves with the feel of this book.

What I love about Colossians is how it balances theology and practical living.(Know It-Live It)

The theme of Colossians is the supremacy of Jesus Christ over everything. When we get through with this series, you will have a deeper understanding of who Jesus is, a greater appreciation for what He has done for you, and some practical application of these truths!

To make it even more exciting, every week you will be able to go to our website, and download daily studies that will take you even deeper into this great book.

No comments: