Sunday, May 02, 2010

sunday review

I had a different sort of Sunday today. I got a chance to fill the pulpit for my friend Dean Herman, who pastors a church in Easley, SC called 5 Point Fellowship. Dean and his wife were out of town celebrating their 30th anniversary.

* I rarely speak at other churches, but I had a lot of fun. I'm not sure they knew what to think of me though! (In case you're wondering, yes Foothills I missed you all!)

* I heard that the services at both of our campuses were fantastic today.

* At our Seneca campus, Brian Rhodes spoke on forgiveness. I hear that he did a great job. He is an excellent communicator!

* I also hear that the feature song was very cool with the acoustic feel to it.

* In Toccoa they had another solid attendance and from what I understand they did acoustic worship and had a prayer time at the end of the service that was powerful.

* This past week I got a chance to spend a couple of days in Dallas with 10 other pastors from around the country. One thing is for sure, God is at work in America!

* It is cool hanging out with guys who are going through similar things and understand you. Over the next 2 years we will be getting together several times.

* Looking forward to tomorrow's staff meeting, because my friend Perry Duggar from Brookwood Church in Simpsonville will be coming to lead it.

No comments: