Thursday, April 22, 2010

Thursday thoughts

It's been a busy week so far, but some great things going on.

* Still in awe of what God did Sunday at our baptism service!

* I'm totally fired-up about baptisms at our Toccoa campus this Sunday. I have no idea how many people will take the plunge, but I know it's going to be great.

* This Sunday at our Seneca campus, I will be doing another message about pain, but this time I'll be talking about how God has a way of using pain for productive purposes.

* We'll be showing a video story of one of our church members who went through a personal tragedy, but has seen God show up in the midst of it.

* Got a chance to hang out with Ritchie Miller this week. He pastors Avalon Church in McDonough, Ga. He is a great leader, and it was a lot of fun to talk.

* We wrapped up our Campus Life Group last night. My wife and I really enjoyed leading it. We got a chance to meet some really cool people. Thanks all of you that participated.

* Looking forward to participating in a Pastor's leadership group next week in Dallas.

* We will be beginning our promotion of Shine 2010. Stay tuned for more details. It's going to be huge. You need to participate!

* I am finalizing the rest of 2010's preaching calendar. We are going to do some incredible message series. Right after we finish the Fix You series, we will begin a new one called, Walk This Way, which will be a series on the book of 1 Timothy.

* Our next baptism for our Seneca campus will be June 27th. We will probably change things up a lot.

* Can't believe my youngest child will be graduating from High School in a month and a half.

No comments: