Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter Sunday highlights

I don't even know where to start, but basically today was probably the greatest day we have ever had at Foothills Community Church.

* I don't have all the numbers, but our attendance was around 2,900 people between our 2 campuses. (570 of them were in Kidzone)

* Our Toccoa GA campus set another record attendance today with 271 people!

* We had 203 people saved in Seneca, and 100 people made recommitments! We had 9 first-time salvations and 6 recommitments in Toccoa! Pause and think about that right now---212 people saved today. That is incredible! That is why we do what we do!

* Our volunteers stepped it up big-time today. Hundreds of people serving. Some of them were there by 6:00am. Thank you all for your commitment to do whatever-it-takes to reach people!

* Our worship team took it to a new level today. They blew me away.

* The love medley was unbelievable!

* We started the Fix You series today. It is going to be a fantastic series, so make sure you come next Sunday for Part 2

* Today my messsage was all about the extent of God's love for us. When you stop to consider the love He has for us it is hard to comprehend.

* I was so proud of our people. They went out and invited their friends. That was cool.

* In case you are wondering, yes, I really did pull the gorilla prank on my wife---it was awesome!

* Don't forget, when you look into the mirror tomorrow morning, say, "wow, I'm a Masterpiece!"

* I got a chance to hang out a lot in the concourse. I love to meet new people.

* I sense a wave of new excitement at Foothills and I can't wait to see where God leads us!

* We celebrated our 12th anniversary as a church today too. We've come a long way since that first service with 70 people in attendance back in 1998!

No comments: