Thursday, June 21, 2007

Why?


There are a lot of things that make me want to ask, why?

A couple of weeks ago I decided to buy a new Bible, because my old one had seen better days. So I went to the bookstore and found a New Living Translation (N.L.T.), which has been my main preference for several years. Because it is the translation that I preach from, many people at Foothills have also purchased one to be able to follow me when I read. It seems that in the last year or so there has been an update done which basically means that there are 2 versions of the same version. Confusing huh?

My initial reaction is to ask, "why?" I mean why name it the New Living Translation? Why not name it the New New Living Translation? Or the New and Improved Living Translation or the Very New Living Translation? Come on Tyndale Publishing, help a brother out!

What do they expect me to do, say to everyone each time I get up to preach, "Now today I will be reading from the New New living Translation, not the Old New Living Translation.
Is it just me, or doesn't that make you ask, Why?

No comments: