Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Pet Peeves

All of us have pet peeves. I have quite a few of them. Being late is one, rude people is another. But one of my biggest pet peeves has to do with Pastors who use the "I'm just a poor little old Pastor" card.
I have noticed that many Pastors pull that card out whenever they want something, or they are looking for some pity.
If they go to a restaurant, they want a discount because they're just a "poor little old Pastor". If they buy a car they expect a better deal because after all they are just a "poor little old Pastor!"
I once met a Pastor when I lived in Florida that actually tried to get a guy to build him a pool--- for free---because he was just a "poor little old Pastor"
Give me a break. Do you really want people to pity you? I don't. I want people to treat me like everyone else. I'm not looking for handouts or sympathy.
Now, I know that many people like to express their love to Pastors tangibly by giving gifts. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about Pastors who walk around with their hands out, and always whining about what a big sacrifice they are making to serve God. And constantly dropping hints about how they may not be able to pay their bills. QUIT IT---PLEASE!!
You are giving the rest of us a bad name.
Now a word to the churches. If your Pastor(s) is truly struggling to make ends meet because you are too cheap to pay them a good income, then shame on you. That's not even Biblical.

Alright, I feel better.

No comments: