Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It doesn't get any better than this


As I reflected on this past Sunday, the thought that crossed my mind was, "it doesn't get any better than this". Sunday was incredible. The entire team knocked it out of the park in all 3 services Sunday. I spoke about the parables of the lost sheep and the lost coin. Jeremy came up after and sang that Chris Rice song, "Come to Jesus". We showed some video footage in the background of last year's baptisms. I cannot remember a time where I have seen more people in tears. It was powerful.
Then Sunday afternoon we had our first Baptism Party of the summer. We estimate that probably 500-600 people came. We went all out. We had bounce houses and games for the kids and food and to top it all off we baptized 42 people (see picture above) in Lake Keowee. I left exhausted from a long day, but totally amazed once again with God's power. What a day!

No comments: