Friday, April 14, 2006

You can't always get what you want

The Rolling Stones said it well; "You can't always get what you want"
Before I left for my vacation I had plans, big plans. I was going to catch up on all of the fishing I haven't been doing. Unfortunately the weather never cooperated. Windy conditions made it impossible to fish. Here I was in South Florida, the fishing capital of the U.S.A., and I can't fish--Bummer!
I had a decision to make, was I going to let that ruin my vacation or have a great time in spite of it? I chose to make the best of it and just relax. I must say, I didn't realize just how badly I needed to relax--just kick back and do nothing. It was great.
It's surprising how many hidden blessings are available to us when our best laid plans don't pan out the way we thought they should.
How do you respond when your plans change because of things out of your control?
The Bible is full of stories of men and women that were greatly used of God when they were able to yield their plans, dreams, goals and aspirations to God.

No comments: