Wednesday, April 19, 2006

world famous

While driving back from my trip down to Florida, I couldn't help but notice all of the billboards along the highway advertising almost anything you could imagine. There were a couple in particular that really made me think. 2 different restaurants used a similar phrase. They said something like, "Come and dine at the World Famous _______ restaurant." The only problem was, that I had never heard of either of those restaurants. It's highly unlikely that anyone had heard of either of the restaurants. So the question is, what does it mean to be world famous?
My guess would be that to be world famous, the entire world would know of you. (hence, World Famous)
As Christ-followers our job is to make God, world famous. To spread God's fame everwhere we go.
Essentially we need to be living, breathing, walking billboards advertising the good news of Christ.

No comments: