Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Sunday highlights

Sunday was one of my favorite days EVER at Foothills Community Church! If you missed it--- you really missed it.

* I felt like David Odom and the worship team took it to a new level... Wow! We are blessed to have such amazing worship leaders at all 3 campuses of FCC. They do such an incredible job of leading us, and they have developed their teams so well. I heard Kevin Robison knocked it out of the park in Toccoa as did Bill Swindle in Hartwell

* I absolutely love the My Secret Life series. Life-change is happening and many people are finding hope in Jesus Christ.

* This past Sunday I spoke about when our kids make bad choices. It was a transparent message about some of the things I have struggled with in my own role as a parent. Those are always tough messages to deliver, but I really believe that God did a great work relieving people over the guilt that they have been carrying regarding their prodigal children. If you weren't here and you want to watch the message:



* Our Toccoa and Hartwell campuses had some technical glitches, but it sounds like God did great things in spite of that.

* I'm so excited about Foothills Community Church's partnership with Habitat for Humanity. We are building 2 homes which will be starting in the next week or so. Lots of people have signed-up to help, but there's room for more. Contact our church office for more info.

* I can't wait for this Sunday. My message topic is going to hit home for a lot of people, and it is going to help them so much. Don't miss!