Wednesday, June 27, 2012

mid week review

It has been pretty much non-stop around Foothills Community Church. Instead of summer slowing things down, I think things have actually sped up.

* Our church is spread out all over the map this week. We have a group of teenagers at camp in Tenn. We have a group of 3rd-6th graders at a camp in Alabama, and we have a team doing ministry in Haiti. (We have another team leaving this weekend for Harlan County KY as well!)

* This past Sunday was an awesome day at FCC. Worship was led by Pastor Bill Swindle and our talented team of singers and musicians. They did an incredible job in Pastor David Odom's absence. David and Amanda just had a new baby last week, so they were a bit preoccupied.

* I wrapped up the Urban Legend series with a message called, Saying a Prayer makes You a Christian. Of course, this is an urban legend. I am attaching the video in case you missed it.

* I had planned to do the Urban Legend series for 1 more week, but the more I prepared, the more I sensed God's leading to go in a different direction. This puts a lot of stress on our team, but they do whatever it takes to make it happen. I like that!

* The new series is simply called, Spiritual Warfare. Believe it or not, we are in a war, spiritually speaking. It is the war between good and evil. There are way too many casualties in this war, so this series will help you understand the battle, the enemy, his tactics and how to overcome him. YOU DON"T WANT TO MISS!

* On Monday my friend Pastor Shannon O'dell from Brand New Church in Harrison Arkansas came by and spoke to our staff and Sr. management team. God really used him to speak into my life. Pastor Shannon has a heart for doing ministry in small towns, and has written a book to help other churches. I highly recommend it.

* I know I have mentioned this before, but if you have not used our online giving, you might want to consider it. You can use it one time, or every week. This is especially helpful during the summer months when people are in and out of church on vacations. Why not sign-up now?

* One last thing I want to leave you with. This Sunday I have a very important announcement that I'll be sharing. God is at work and we have a very exciting opportunity that will extend our reach like never before. Can't wait to share it with you!