Tuesday, July 05, 2011

What a week!

It was an incredible week at Foothills Community Church. Between the 2 campuses we baptized another 22 people! (That's 40 people this month!)

It all started Thursday evening with a time of worship, communion and baptism at our Seneca campus. Then on Sunday evening over in Toccoa they had a big party/baptism on Lake Hartwell. My wife and I were able to go and hang out with them, and we had a blast!

* We continued our Control Freak series on Sunday with a message about controlling our tongues. This is a tough one for most people. I know it is for me!

* We had over 20 people give their lives to Jesus at our Seneca campus on Sunday!!

* Even though it was 4th of July weekend, the attendance in the auditorium wasn't too bad. The kids numbers were way down. Lots of people on vacation.

* I think this was my first 4th of July were I didn't see any fireworks. Not one. I need to get out more.

* I keep getting unbelievable messages from people about life-change. God is doing some things behind the scenes that would blow your minds.

* Hard to believe it's already July.

* Please join me in praying for our team of 23 people that is in Harlan County, KY doing ministry through our Project Reach initiative.

No comments: