Thursday, October 21, 2010

Facebook observations

Facebook is a phenomenal social networking site, BUT there are some things that I wonder about:

** Where do people find time to play Mafia Wars and Farmville, and whatever other stupid games there are? Maybe a better question is WHY?


** Why do some people feel the need to quote lines of songs all the time for their statuses?


** I have a theory that there are people on Facebook for the sole purpose of being melodramatic about how bad things are going in their lives, so that other people will reply to encourage them. Really? Do you need encouragement that badly! Doesn't anything good ever happen in your life?

Example:

Joe Smith: "My life stinks. My roof is leaking, I'm broke, my car won't start and my dog has hemorrhoids"

Bill Jones: I'm here for you, bro!
Susan Brown: I know it will get better, you're such a wonderful person.
Doris White: I love you Joe. I'm praying for you.
Ed Black: If you need anything. let me know. You're an awesome person.



** Some people share WAY too many personal details on a public forum. For the record, if you're mad at your husband, let HIM know, not 500 of your closest internet friends.



Here's a crazy thought. How about using Facebook to express positive things? Just a thought. Thanks, I feel better now!
Oh, and in case you're wondering, these are general observations, so I'm not picking on anyone :-)

No comments: