Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Catching up

I haven't blogged in a few weeks, so I wanted to check in and catch you up to speed.
I'll be brief and try to give you the cliff notes.

* Our Christmas services at Foothills Community Church were unbelievable. The attendance was strong, and we had lots of first-time guests. Best of all we had 8 people that gave their lives to Christ and 66 people that made recommitments of their faith.

* Right after the service my family headed down to Florida to spend Christmas with my parents. If memory serves me, I believe that this was the first Christmas that we have been back down to Florida. It's always a blast to hang out with my family, and it's always great to have 80 degree weather on Christmas!

* This past Sunday, it was great to be back at Foothills and to start the New year out talking about what the Lord did in 2012 and where He is leading us in 2013. I am absolutely pumped about what's in store for us this year!

* Here are some of the things that the Lord did in 2012:

295 people gave their lives to Jesus
367 people made recommitments of their faith
141 people were baptized
392 people went through Get In The Game (membership class)
743 people served in one of our ministries
Our church gave nearly $250,000 above our normal giving, toward Project Reach, which helps the needy, and hurting.

There is so much more that I couldn't even begin to describe..... but the best is yet to come! Put on your seat belts in 2013!

* We also had our annual membership renewal. If you haven't renewed your membership yet, you can do it here.

* If you have not gone through the Get In The Game class, which is required for membership you can sign-up for our next class on January 20th here.

I have included the message from this past Sunday. If you've ever wondered what Foothills Community Church is all about, here you go: