Thursday, September 20, 2012

a few quick thoughts

It's been a busy week so I'm just getting around to blogging. This past Sunday a good friend of mine, Bill Giovanetti from the Neighborhood Church in Redding, California spoke at Foothills Community Church. I have heard a lot of positive comments about Bill's message, and I agree (I watched it online), it was great.

While Bill was preaching here, I got a chance to preach at another good friend, Doug Walker's  church in Dallas, Texas. I had a great time. It was pretty much non-stop. I preached 1 time on Saturday evening and 4 times on Sunday. Sunday evening we did a interview-type event where I answered questions from the audience. All in all I had a wonderful time.

This weekend will be a historic one at Foothills Community Church because we will have our first-ever service at our new Hartwell, Georgia campus. This will be a soft-opening, so it will be kind of a dry run for the big Grand Opening on October 14th. But nonetheless we are now officially 1 church in 3 locations!.

A few other things:

* We are gearing up for our Party In The Pasture which is set for September 30th. This is a huge community-wide party with games and inflatables for the kids, live music, food, a car show, and most importantly, Baptism! You Don't want to miss this. Don't forget to bring some friends.

* Our Toccoa campus continues to have record or near record crowds every weekend!

* I am very excited to share this week's message called, Keeping The Main Thing The Main Thing.

* I am going bow hunting tomorrow. Love this time of year! Hoping for some fresh venison.

* I apparently have a case of tendonitis in my left arm. I've had it for a couple of months, but in the last couple of weeks it has been acting up. I continue to do my P90X, but back and bicep days are being replaced with other exercises.