Monday, April 11, 2011

Sunday review

I had a different, but wonderful Sunday. It was different, because I didn't preach, but also because I got to spend the morning at our Toccoa, Ga campus.

* I started the morning by driving to our Seneca campus. I showed up at 9:25am for the 9:30am service. I noticed immediately that apparently that's what most people do. There was a steady stream of traffic coming in then.

* I knew that I had to leave by 10:00am to make it in time to get to Toccoa, so I stood up against the back wall of the auditorium during the worship set and the intro of Brian Rhodes message. I noticed that the auditorium fills up from the back to the front. I'm one of those people that likes to sit near the front, so I really don't understand why anyone wants to sit so far back, but apparently these are the premium seats!

* I heard a lot of great things about Brian Rhodes message. I can't wait to watch it online this week.

* The worship set was incredible. I love working with David Odom and the rest of the team. There is another team that most people don't think about too much that play a major role, and that is the technical team led by Shane Smith. They are phenomenal. they are responsible for audio, video, graphics, cameras, lyrics and probably a whole lot more that I don't know about.

* I then drove to Ga and hung out with the Toccoa campus. As usual, they were a lot of fun. Other than most of them wearing clothes emblazoned with Georgia Bulldogs emblems, they are a great group of people :-)

* Campus Pastor Brian Marshall and Worship Pastor Kevin Robison make a great team. I know I have said this already, but God is up to something big in T-Town!

* It's always weird watching yourself on video, but once I got past that, it was a very enjoyable service.

* Tickets for our Easter services were available yesterday at our Seneca campus. If you forgot to get yours, go online and print some out or pick them up on Sunday. Only about 400 tickets remain available for the 9:30am and the 11:15am services. There are plenty left for the 8:00am service.
The Toccoa campus Easter service will be at 11:00am

No comments: