Sunday, February 20, 2011

sunday review

We continued our series on the book of Colossians today at Foothills Community Church. It is an amazing book. Today I asked the question, "who is Jesus?" It seems that everyone has their own personal opinion, but the Bible is crystal clear, Jesus is God in the flesh.

* I'm loving that this series is challenging people to read their Bibles intensely.

* I went old school today and used a white board to explain the Gospel. It is awesome to know that Jesus reconciled us to God, and because of the cross, we are totally forgiven!

* Next Sunday I will be talking about the Holy Spirit. There is so much confusion about this topic. Don't miss it.

* Our music was absolutely unbelievable. I am so excited about our live recording coming on March 13th at 6PM

* We had quite a few people give their lives to Jesus today!

* I did my best not to crack on Nascar too much in honor of the Daytona 500. However the video clip of Ricky Bobby was classic!

* Our student ministry is on fire right now! Kid's lives are changing. Don't forget to register your teens for IGNITE weekend.

* It was exciting to hear a little bit about the possibility of Foothills enering a ministry partneship in the Country of Haiti. I can't wait to share with you about PROJECT REACH. Set aside March 31st on your calendars as we reveal some incredible plans!

No comments: